Our expected accomplishments, method to evaluate results and the comprehensive goals of the Pineville Dream Center will follow as the program considers the achievements and results over the next 12 months.
Our evaluation goals will measure:
To improve academic performance.
- Objective 1a: By the end of the school year, a minimum of 90% of the children served will improve their academic standing by at least one letter grade.
- Objective 1b: By the end of the school year, a minimum of 90% of the students will advance to the next grade level.
To enhance a child’s well-being by providing a safe, nurturing after-school environment.
- Objective 2a: Each child served by the program will develop a nurturing relationship with his or her mentor(s).
To promote the healthy physical, emotional, social, and spiritual development of each child.
- Objective 3a: By the end of the first grading period following a child’s admission to the program, he or she will have taken The Children’s Depression Inventory.
- Objective 3b: 100% of children that show significant levels of depression will be referred for additional services.
- Objective 3c: Each student/family in the program will show improvement in family function based on a life skills development checklist
We believe the impact of our teachings and the demonstration thereof will positively affect a child’s future. Children will be encouraged to think, analyze, form opinions and communicate their points of view. And we are hopeful a light-bulb moment will occur, which may well be the idea that inspires a brilliant future.